Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Scary Details


Had a big scare this weekend. I started bleeding. It totally freaked me out, but I had a strange calm about it. It was like the beginning of my period, but no worse, and no clots. I called the doctor and she said to stay off my feet for the rest of the weekend, which I did. That is harder than I thought!
Went to the office yesterday and today, and everything is looking really good. It was amazing to see my baby move and watch it's heartbeat. It became so real for me. I felt nothing but gratitude and huge love for this baby already. It was such a relief to see that baby up on that screen and see that it was doing well. She was like, "Hi mom! I'm OK, so don't freak out. See, I am moving and everything!" Amazing what they can already do at such an early age! It was really wonderful. Makes me want to get an US every week to see how the baby is progressing.
I have a bad cold now I have to deal with. Not fun. And I don't want to take anything to help with the symptoms. I am already taking a daily medication, and I don't want to expose the baby to anything else. We will see how bad things get. I have been using a nasal saline rinse, which helps temporarily anyway. Hopefully it won't last long.

5 comments:

  1. So glad that everything is OK!!! Thinking of you...(((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the baby is healthy in there! Take care and thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a scare! I'm glad everything is okay. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, that is scary! I'm glad everything turned out okay!

    ReplyDelete