Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sleep Please!

Can I just sleep well already? I am so sick of being exhausted and not being able to fall asleep completely or waking up in the middle of the night. Ambien helped recently, but may not be working as well anymore. So of course I called my sleep doc about this, thinking he may suggest a longer-acting Ambien. After all, I am TTC and Ambien is one of my few choices, and that is what we discussed at our rushed appointment. So I talked with his secretary (NOT a nurse) and she said that he thinks that I should try a new med. I asked if it is OK with pregnancy and she said, "Oh no, you shouldn't be on any of these if you are trying to get pregnant!" WHAT?!! You don't know what you are talking about!! Why can't I talk with the doctor? And why didn't he look in my chart that hopefully said something about how I was TTC? So then she said, "So do you want to try this new med?" Again, WHAT?!! You just told me I shouldn't be taking it! NO! Goodbye.
So now I think I have to go to another doc, all of whom I work with--that's weird, but worth it I think. It's just a hassle. I thought I already went through this. I am so sick of doctors who don't act like you are their priority. Isn't that why they went into medicine? I like to think so.
On another note, I have my HSG on Thursay, and I am getting nervous. I have read too many women's thoughts on how painful it was. I am really hoping that everything goes quickly and it isn't too painful. 

5 comments:

  1. ok well, i'm a total wimp and it was painful, but it only lasts for a few minutes and then you just have a little residual cramping and some very sticky bluish dye discharge like stuff. sorry if that was tmi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hope you can get a good night's sleep soon (and a better doctor!). I will probably have my HSG next week -- I'm a little nervous too. Good luck!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone needs a good nights sleep. Good luck with TTC!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I read your having an HSG. I had one and it didn't hurt one bit. The worst part of it all was feeling like I was peeing on myself after from all the dye leaking out... sorry... yuck I know... but no one warned me and I kinda wish they had. : )

    ICLW blog # 93

    ReplyDelete