Lately I have had some signs that this baby is coming soon, and it's freaking me out! We aren't ready! Everyone told me I would probably go late because it was my first, and that is what they typically do. But just this past week, I have "dropped", I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced, and yesterday I think I lost my mucus plug (I hate that word-sounds so yuck, which it was!) I think this means that I am dilating more!
The problem is JJ and I haven't finished our birthing/coaching book (he's been out of town a lot lately) and unfortunately our doula we hired lost her husband unexpectedly last week. So I'm not sure where that leaves us with her. I would really like her to still attend our birth, but I'm not sure where she stands on that, and I want to be sensitive to her situation, but this weighs heavily on my mind. If I knew he wasn't going to come for another few weeks, I would be more chill about it, but I'm not so sure anymore.
I packed my bag (as much as I could) this evening after I lost the plug. I figured it might be smart to do that! We also did more work in our Bradley Method Childbirth book. We are almost done! We just need to practice more too. If this baby could just hold on for another 2 weeks or so, I would be happy and feel a lot more prepared. We will see!
702nd Friday Blog Roundup
1 day ago