Monday, May 3, 2010

Nursery Update



These are the wall hangings I am going to put up in the room. Aren't they so cute? They make me smile, and I love decorating with that goal in mind! I just found some large safari animal appliques for the wall too that are going to top it off I think. (Not happy about the $9 of shipping I had to pay for it though! Jeesh, it's not even heavy!)
JJ spent a lot of time the other day clearing out the room, and my worry about the room not being done vanished in one night. I was really grateful. It looks so much bigger now! I decided I wanted the crib on the opposite side of the door so I can peek in on him without opening the door more than a crack. We will keep the bookshelves in there too since we have nowhere else to put them and they aren't too much in the way. I spent some time in there today dusting and vacuuming, as well as putting the swing together. That made me feel like we are really getting ready for him now, where as before it was just clearing things out. Now we have to get the glider from our friend's place. They were storing it for us until we made room. My sister is lending us some of those wonderful items, and I can't say enough how grateful I am for that! It makes me cry to think of it-some of this stuff is so expensive!
There are real moments that I can't believe that I am actually decorating a nursery or researching vaccines or breast pumps! It really hits me when he gives me a good kick-I AM PREGNANT. It's not just that I am dreaming it, it is a reality. By the grace of God, I am going to have a son. I am so grateful and humbled for this gift. I can't wait to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment